Maldives diving accident: Recovery team’s CEO speaks
The bodies of four missing Italian scuba divers who died last week have been found, Maldives government said Monday, following a fraught mission to locate their remains in a network of sea caves.
Five Italians died while exploring the Vaavu Atoll caves on Thursday, prompting a multinational effort to find and retrieve their remains.
CNN’s Barbie Latza Nadeau has the latest details. Also, Maldives government spokesperson Mohamed Hussein Shareef and Divers Alert Network Europe CEO Laura Marroni describe the dangerous conditions facing rescue teams.
0:00 CNN reporter details efforts to recover the bodies of four missing Italian divers
1:43 Dive company CEO explains her team’s role in the dangerous recovery operation
5:21 Maldives government spokesman says weather may be a factor impacting the recovery effort
Watch more CNN here: https://cnn.it/4kh5RPe
#Maldvies #ItalianDivers #News
